L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

3-year-old boy eats grandma's pot cookies, ends up in hospital

July 2, 2012 | 10:21 pm

 A 3-year-old boy was taken to a hospital after eating his grandmother's cookies that were laced with marijuana, according to police and a media report.

The child ate the "medical marijuana stash" Saturday morning and was initially unresponsive when rescuers arrived at a home in the 24000 block of Cambria Lane, the Murrieta Police Department said in a statement.

The boy was taken to a hospital for treatment and later released, police said, and county child services officials were contacted.

Police said the pot belonged to a relative. The Riverside Press Enterprise said the cookies were used by the boy's grandmother, who had been diagnosed with cancer. 

The boy apparently found the cookies in a refrigerator in the garage, according to the Press Enterprise.

Police said an investigation had been launched.

ALSO:

Mammoth Lakes files for bankruptcy

Villaraigosa and girlfriend Lu Parker call it quits

Katie Holmes-Tom Cruise split centers on Scientology, source says

— Robert J. Lopez

twitter.com/LAJourno

Comments 

Advertisement










Video