Boyle Heights fire causes $100,000 in damage
Fire officials knocked down a structure fire at a Boyle Heights metalworking shop Tuesday night. Officials said no one was injured but that the blaze caused about $100,000 in damage.
Shortly after receiving an emergency call at 8:23 p.m., about 100 firefighters arrived in the 1400 block of Lorena Street to find flames burning through the roof of a business, said Brian Humphrey, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Fire Department.
In a statement on the department's blog, Humphrey said the fire was extinguished in about 45 minutes after consuming about a third of the building. He reported that the fire was caused by an "electrical issue near an interior power panel."
-- Matt Stevens and Melissa Leu
Image: Approximate location of incident shown in black. Credit: Los Angeles Times Mapping L.A.