Suspect arrested in San Diego's Starving Bandit robberies
A 29-year-old San Diego man has been arrested on suspicion of being the Starving Bandit in a string of restaurant and fast-food robberies.
Carlos Dudley is set to be arraigned in San Diego County Superior Court on Tuesday on six counts of robbery and five counts of attempted robbery.
Dudley was arrested after he entered an International House of Pancakes, which had been robbed in April, police said. All the robberies occurred between October and April.
Witnesses said the robber was gaunt, leading police to apply the name Starving Bandit. Dudley is 5-foot-7, 120 pounds, according to jail records.
-- Tony Perry in San Diego