Alleged copper wire thief dies after suffering electrical burns
A 26-year-old man who was seriously burned allegedly while trying to take copper wiring from a Southern California Edison electrical relay station has died, according to the San Bernardino County coroner’s office.
Michael Morga Garcia, a San Bernardino resident, died at 8:32 p.m. Sunday at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center, the coroner’s office reported on its website.
Garcia was taken to the hospital after suffering the electrical burns about 2 a.m. Saturday at the relay station, which is on Stoddard Avenue, just south of Rialto Avenue, the coroner said.
— Kim Christensen