L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

1 arrested, 1 wounded in two officer-involved shootings

May 31, 2012 |  8:14 am

Officer involved shooting in Montebello.

Authorities on Thursday were investigating two officer-involved shootings that left one person wounded in Montebello and another in custody in Compton.

Details of both shootings remained sketchy, and no suspects' names had been released.

One person was taken to a hospital after being shot by Montebello police at 10:26 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of West Mines Avenue, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. No other details were available.

The Compton incident occurred about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 1100 block of South Dwight Avenue when deputies responding to a report of loud music saw two vehicles driving with their lights off, officials said.

As deputies tried to stop one of the cars, a black BMW, a man bailed out of the passenger side, jumped a fence and “produced what appeared to be a firearm and pointed it at the deputy,” a sheriff’s news release said.

The deputy shot at the man but missed. No one was injured and it was not clear if the man was armed. He was arrested nearby.

ALSO:

Driver who killed postal worker faces year in jail

California voters don't back marijuana legalization, poll finds

Justin Bieber assault case may come down to money, expert says

-- Kim Christensen

Photo: Officer-involved shooting in Montebello. Credit: KTLA-TV, Channel 5

Comments 

Advertisement










Video