L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Investigators search landfill for bodies of two missing boys

May 6, 2012 | 11:45 am

Investigators returned to a Brea landfill Sunday morning to search for two missing boys feared to be dead after their mother was found stabbed to death.

Detectives began looking for 31-year-old Arlet Hernandez Contreras and her sons, a 4-month-old and 2-year-old, after apartment managers found blood and other evidence in a unit the three shared with Shazer Fernando Limas, Orange Police Sgt. Dan Adams said.

Limas, 31, identified as Contreras’ boyfriend and the boys’ father, moved out of the apartment last month. The evidence suggests Contreras and the children were killed inside, police said.

Contreras’ body was found at the Los Angeles County morgue Friday after detectives contacted the office looking for unidentified female bodies, Adams said. The body was originally discovered April 25 in La Puente.

Trash from the apartment complex is taken to the Brea landfill, which investigators first started searching Thursday night, Adams said. The search continued Sunday with police dogs.

Limas was arrested late Thursday after a police chase and standoff on the 5 Freeway near the San Onofre nuclear plant in San Diego County, Adams said. He was booked in the Orange County Jail on murder charges.

ALSO:

Second woman raped during 'spiritual cleansing,' officials say 

14-year-old arrested in Santa Ana shooting; gang rivalry blamed 

Tot roamed O.C. parking lot while mom was on drugs, officials say 

--Kate Mather

Comments 

Advertisement










Video