L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Frustration builds as auction of 'Octomom's' house delayed again

Amer Haddadin, above, waited patiently on the steps of Orange City Hall but left frustrated after the auction of Nadya Suleman’s house was again delayed.

The auction of “Octomom” Nadya Suleman’s home was postponed for the second day in a row Thursday, an announcement that came as anxious buyers waited on the steps of City Hall in Orange for an opportunity to buy the house.

Suleman, who gained notoriety after having octuplets -– bringing the number of children she’s raising to 14, is now 11 months behind on her house payments and has conceded publicly that she’s facing severe financial problems.

Among those who showed up for the scheduled auction was Amer Haddadin, who holds the note on the four-bedroom, three-bath house in La Habra and says the whole process has ruined his credit and left him frustrated.

When it was announced that the auction had been postponed until June 6, Haddadin just shook his head and walked away.

Suleman filed for bankruptcy last month, but the court tossed out her filing, saying she had failed to complete the necessary paperwork.

The bankruptcy filing had briefly put a freeze on the auction of Suleman's house, which is expected to sell in the $400,000 range.

Suleman is on welfare and receiving $2,000 a month in food stamps.

Haddadin said Suleman is supposed to pay him $3,000 a month.

ALSO:

CHP investigates why Hemet student drove into classmates

Brian Banks on upcoming football tryouts: 'I'll make 'em happy'

Sean 'Diddy' Combs' son on UCLA scholarship: 'I put that work in'

-- Mark Boster

Photo: Amer Haddadin, above, waited patiently on the steps of Orange City Hall but left frustrated after the auction of Nadya Suleman’s house was again delayed. Credit: Mark Boster/ Los Angeles Times.

 
Comments () | Archives (0)

Connect

Recommended on Facebook


Advertisement

In Case You Missed It...

Video

About L.A. Now
L.A. Now is the Los Angeles Times’ breaking news section for Southern California. It is produced by more than 80 reporters and editors in The Times’ Metro section, reporting from the paper’s downtown Los Angeles headquarters as well as bureaus in Costa Mesa, Long Beach, San Diego, San Francisco, Sacramento, Riverside, Ventura and West Los Angeles.
Have a story tip for L.A. Now?
Can I call someone with news?
Yes. The city desk number is (213) 237-7847.

Categories




Get Alerts on Your Mobile Phone

Sign me up for the following lists: