'Octomom' reports death threat, says car was vandalized
La Habra police are investigating a report of vandalism and a possible death threat at the home of “Octomom” Nadya Suleman over the weekend.
Officers went to her home Saturday evening after Suleman’s father reported the windows of his daughter’s Toyota minivan were smashed, according to the La Habra Police Department.
The minivan was parked in the driveway at the time. No entry was made and nothing was missing, police said.
Suleman was reportedly asleep during the incident. When she went outside to see the damage, she found a handwritten note that read “Leave California or die,” according to TMZ.
The note was not mentioned in the initial police report.
In an interview with Matt Lauer on the "Today" show last week, Suleman acknowledged that she is accepting food stamps as a temporary measure to make ends meet.
Suleman said she is still capable of being a good mother and supporting her 14 children, including octuplets born in 2009.
Suleman, who had vowed not to accept public assistance, said she has been accepting $2,000 a month in food stamps for the past two months. She said she has business ventures in the works to make money, including an online "Octomom TV" project and the release of a horror movie she starred in, "Millennium."
"I'm working as hard as I possibly can to support them," she said.
-- Stephen Ceasar and Kimi Yoshino
Photo: Nadya Suleman in La Habra in May 2010. Credit: Gabriel Bouys / AFP/Getty Images