L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Boy reportedly detained in shooting of 13-year-old in face

April 20, 2012 |  8:11 am

A boy has been detained in connection with the case of a 13-year-old boy who was accidentally shot in the face, at least two news agencies reported Friday.

Los Angeles police were unable to confirm to The Times on Friday morning that someone was in custody, but Officer Rosario Herrera said: "We know it was an accidental discharge, but we don't know if it was a self-inflicted wound or if there's a suspect involved."

The shooting victim was rushed to the hospital after the incident Thursday in the 10000 block of Telfair Avenue. He was in listed in critical condition, Herrera said.

She said it was not clear whether the boy lived in the Pacoima home where the shooting occurred or if he was connected to the tenants.

KTLA-TV reported that one person was detained and two others fled on foot after the incident. The station also said the gun had not been located. City News Service also reported that a boy had been detained.

ALSO:

Man accused of raping disabled 7-year-old girl on trial

LAX-bound fight makes emergency landing after hitting birds

13-year-old holding gun is shot in apparent accident, police say

-- Esmeralda Bermudez

Comments 

Advertisement










Video