L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Man seeks three-year restraining order against son's classmate

A Riverside County man who obtained a restraining order to keep a fourth-grade classmate away from his son is trying to get the order extended.

Robert Casteel said his 10-year-old son, Christopher, was threatened last month by a classmate at Mission Bell Elementary School with a knife, the Press-Enterprise reported.

Weeks later, Casteel got the restraining order, and he will be back in court Wednesday to try to get the order extended for three years.

"I want to make sure my son will be safe," Casteel told the newspaper.

The Press-Enterprise reported that the boy who is the subject of the restraining order denies threatening Casteel's son and has had to transfer to a different school.

ALSO:

Gay marriage: Californians anxiously await ruling on Prop. 8

L.A. school sex abuse claims: Deasy sends letter to all employees

Mom allegedly abandons baby with homeless woman in downtown L.A.

-- Rick Rojas

 
Comments () | Archives (0)

Connect

Recommended on Facebook


Advertisement

In Case You Missed It...

Video

About L.A. Now
L.A. Now is the Los Angeles Times’ breaking news section for Southern California. It is produced by more than 80 reporters and editors in The Times’ Metro section, reporting from the paper’s downtown Los Angeles headquarters as well as bureaus in Costa Mesa, Long Beach, San Diego, San Francisco, Sacramento, Riverside, Ventura and West Los Angeles.
Have a story tip for L.A. Now?
Please send to newstips@latimes.com
Can I call someone with news?
Yes. The city desk number is (213) 237-7847.

Categories




Get Alerts on Your Mobile Phone

Sign me up for the following lists: