L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Trial set for O.C. woman charged with killing baby, dumping body

January 10, 2012 |  6:14 pm

Juana Perez Valencia
A 21-year-old Anaheim woman charged with suffocating her newborn girl to death and tossing her body into a dumpster is scheduled to be tried Wednesday in Orange County Superior Court.

Juana Perez Valencia is accused of giving birth to the baby in a restroom at Sombrero's, a Mexican restaurant in Stanton, in December 2009, the Orange County district attorney's office said.

The baby was alive, but Valencia allegedly suffocated the girl and put the body in a plastic bag before dumping it behind the restaurant, according to prosecutors.

Valencia is accused of going to a hospital for treatment, saying she had been hurt in a fall. The hospital staff determined she had given birth and contacted authorities, the district attorney's office said in a statement.

The newborn's body was discovered by deputies from the Orange County Sheriff's Department.

ALSO:

California car washes agree to pay workers back wages

Attorney: She's deceitful, dishonest but not a murderer

Man calls police over ex-wife's 'slanderous' Facebook postings

-- Robert J. Lopez

twitter.com/LAJourno

Photo: Juana Perez Valencia

Credit: KTLA-TV Channel 5

Comments 

Advertisement










Video