18-year-old dies of drug overdose in UCLA fraternity house
This post has been corrected. See the note below for details.
Authorities confirmed Monday that an 18-year-old man died of a drug overdose in UCLA's Theta Chi fraternity house.
There was no foul play in the death Saturday of Glen Parrish Jr., said LAPD Officer Cleon Joseph.
The Manhattan Beach resident was not a UCLA student, said school spokesman Phil Hampton. The school is cooperating with the Los Angeles Police Department's investigation, he said, and the school made counselors available to fraternity members.
The Daily Bruin reported that Parrish was a student at Arizona State University. However, a spokesman from that school's registrar's office said it has no students enrolled under that name.
[For the record, 12:49 p.m., Nov. 7: A previous version of this post indicated that UCLA officials had also confirmed that Parrish died of an overdose. Only LAPD officials stated that conclusion.]
-- Matt Stevens
Image: A map shows the approximate location of the Theta Chi fraternity house. Credit: Los Angeles Times