Zsa Zsa Gabor operation called 'successful' by her husband
An operation on actress Zsa Zsa Gabor to replace a feeding tube in her stomach that had come loose was successful, her husband said Monday.
Doctors completed the operation in about 1 1/2 hours Sunday evening without any complications, said Prince Frederic von Anhalt.
"She's recovering nicely," he said, adding that the 94-year-old Gabor is expected to be released mid-week. She was still being treated Monday for an infection that had caused the tube to come loose.
Gabor was rushed to the emergency room at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center on Saturday morning after losing consciousness at her Bel-Air home. She had a high fever and was suffering internal bleeding.
It was the latest in a string of medical emergencies for Gabor, who broke her left hip last year and has been in and out of the hospital ever since.
In January, she had most of her right leg amputated because of an infection, which the doctors feared would cost the actress her life.
Her right leg had been previously damaged, and she was using a wheelchair after a car accident in 2002 and a stroke in 2005. The actress received last rites from a priest in August.
-- Abby Sewell
Photo: Zsa Zsa Gabor. Credit: Los Angeles Times