Selena Gomez gets restraining order against alleged stalker
Disney star Selena Gomez has obtained a restraining order against a 46-year-old man who allegedly planned to kill her based on conversations he said he had with God.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge William Stewart last week ordered Thomas Brodnicki, whose residence is listed as a Los Angeles hotel, to stay at least 100 yards away from Gomez, her parents and an assistant, the Burbank Leader reported.
In court documents, Gomez said she feared Brodnicki “will harm them in his attempts to see me or to harm or kill me.”
Gomez, 19, star of TV's "Wizards of Waverly Place" and girlfriend of teen heartthrob Justin Bieber, told the court Brodnicki visited her workplace at least three times.
Brodnicki allegedly traveled from Chicago to Los Angeles in September to meet Gomez, but police placed him on a 72-hour mental health hold after he told passersby that he would “scratch people’s eyes out,” according to court records.
During the detention, Brodnicki allegedly told a doctor that he had thoughts of hurting and killing Gomez.
The doctor reported Brodnicki’s threats to police because he “presented a serious danger of violence” to Gomez, according to court records.
A hearing regarding the temporary restraining order is scheduled for Nov. 4 in the Burbank courthouse.
-- Veronica Rocha, Times Community News
Photo: Selena Gomez poses at the premiere of the film "The Thing" Oct. 10 in Los Angeles. Credit: Chris Pizzello / Associated Press