College students stricken by suspected alcohol poisoning after dance
Eight Occidental College students were hospitalized with possible alcohol poisoning after an on-campus dance party, a spokesman said.
The students, who attended "Splatter," a "paint-themed dance party," were transported to local hospitals between 11 p.m and 1 a.m., college spokesman Jim Tranquada said. He said the incidents were apparently alcohol-related but did not have an update on the students' conditions.
Initial reports described the party as a rave. Tranquada said it was a dance open only to students and that no alcohol was served or allowed at the event.
He said campus officials will be reviewing the night's events but could not say whether any students would be disciplined.
— Abby Sewell
Photo: Scene of the party. Credit: KTLA News