L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

3-year-old boy chokes to death on pushpin at preschool

August 10, 2011 |  8:42 am

A 3-year-old Oceanside boy choked to death when his airway become blocked by a pushpin, according to the San Diego County medical examiner.

Tyler Howell was attending preschool Monday when he began making a gasping sound and clutching his neck. CPR was attempted and paramedics called. An examination later found his windpipe to be blocked.

ALSO:

Man accidentally blows off fingertip with grenade simulator

Police got waitress accused of selling cocaine drunk, lawyer says

Judge sides with NFL fan who used obscene gesture, fought guards

-- Tony Perry in San Diego

Comments 

Advertisement










Video