L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Sexting by assistant football coach draws lawsuit

August 29, 2011 |  1:34 pm

The Corona-Norco Unified School District has been sued in connection with sexually explicit texts and photographs a 13-year-old girl received at Centennial High School.

The suit filed last week in Riverside Superior Court claims that the district failed to properly screen and supervise Christopher Carter, an assistant football coach who last summer sent the girl text messages with nude photographs and a video of himself masturbating.

Carter pleaded guilty in June to three criminal counts, including a felony charge of distributing lewd material to a minor, and was sentenced to 113 days in county jail.

Also named in the suit is Brian Carter, the freshman football coach.

Assistant Supt. Tom Pike said Christopher Carter was not an employee or a volunteer with the team, "thus his actions are not under the jurisdiction of the district."

"Whether or not the district has responsibility is being litigated," Pike said.

The suit seeks reimbursement for the girl's medical and therapy costs and financial compensation for humiliation and distress.

ALSO:

Rose Bowl tailgating parties face new restrictions

Heat wave hits Day 6 in Southern California; warning issued

Ex-Laker Javaris Crittenton sought in fatal drive-by shooting

-- Gale Holland

Comments 

Advertisement










Video