L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Royal visit: Not a single arrest, paparazzi well-behaved, LAPD says

July 11, 2011 | 10:23 am

Prince William and his wife, Catherine, depart LAX on a British Airways flight.

The Los Angeles Police Department said officials made no arrests and that there were no paparazzi-related incidents related to the royal visit over the weekend.

"Everything went well. The crowds were terrific, the traffic delays were very minimal, and the duke and duchess showed L.A. they are truly a world-class couple," LAPD Cmdr. Andy Smith said. 

Photos: Final day of royal visit

Deputy Chief Mike Downing added: "There were no arrests, the public shook hands and was able to greet the royal couple. It was sincere and authentic, a world-class city providing world-class service."

Officials had been concerned about the possibility of photographers causing trouble during the visit of Will and Kate. But organizers planned ahead, closing streets and keeping the public a good distance from the newlyweds.

Officers secured "trespass-prohibited letters" from people who live in seven homes around the Hancock Park residence of the British consul general, where the couple stayed.

RELATED:

Hollywood A-listers turn out for royal couple in L.A.

Will & Kate fans line up early for downtown L.A. appearance

Prince William, Catherine head to skid row to visit Inner-City Arts

-- Andrew Blankstein

Photo: Prince William and his wife, Catherine, depart LAX on a British Airways flight. Credit: Chris Jackson / European Pressphoto Agency

Comments 

Advertisement










Video