Arnold Schwarzenegger's injured son 'doing much better'
Arnold Schwarzenegger said his 13-year-old son Christopher was on the road to recovery after suffering serious injuries in a boogie board accident last week.
"Thanks for all your support for Christopher,'' the former governor wrote in a Twitter post. "It means a lot to me & to him. He's doing much better & we'll have him back at full speed soon.''
The teenager reportedly suffered broken bones in the accident. Fire officials released the 911 call that mother Maria Shriver made Sunday after Christopher Schwarzenegger took a serious tumble from his boogie board.
In the call, a calm Shriver told the operator about the accident and says her son “can’t move off the beach.”
“He’s awake and breathing, it’s just he can’t move and he’s having trouble breathing,” Shriver said.
The dispatcher said she was sending paramedics and lifeguards to the scene.
The family has been rallying to Christopher's side.
"A few days ago our son Christopher suffered an accident at the beach," Schwarzenegger and Shriver said Friday in a statement. "While it has been a very scary week, Christopher is surrounded by his family and friends. He is a brave boy and is expected to make a full recovery.
"On behalf of our entire family, we want to sincerely thank the paramedics and lifeguards who responded so swiftly as well as the doctors, nurses, emergency room and hospital staff who have cared for our son. They have been extraordinary to him and to us. We thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and ask for respect and privacy for Christopher and our family."
-- Kate Mather
Photo: Former California First Lady Maria Shriver, center, arrives at the inauguration in Sacramento with her children, from left, Christina, Katherine, Patrick and Christopher in 2007. Credit: Luis Sinco / Los Angeles Times