Palmdale man dies after apparent overdose
Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies were called to a home in Palmdale on Wednesday morning after receiving reports that a man there had swallowed prescription medications and vodka.
Once there, they saw the man face down in a back bedroom that had been locked from the inside, authorities said.
Once deputies made their way in, they noticed a kitchen knife by his side, prompting them to handcuff the passed-out 33-year-old.
The cuffs were removed as paramedics arrived.
The man was taken to a nearby hospital but was pronounced dead later Wednesday morning, said Capt. Mike Parker.
The Sheriff's Department initially reported the death incorrectly as an in-custody death at the Palmdale station.
-- Robert Faturechi