L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Paris Hilton stalker convicted of trying to break into her home

April 29, 2011 | 11:36 am

A man was convicted Friday of trying to break into the home of Paris Hilton last year.

Nathan Lee Parada, 31, was charged with a felony count of attempted residential burglary. He faces up to 3 years in state prison when he's sentenced in June.

Deputy District Attorney Kaveh Faturechi said in a statement that the jury deliberated for less than an hour before returning with its verdict.

The incident occurred in August, 2010 when Parada allegedly approached the actress' home, in the gated Mulholland Estates community. After banging on the door, he was confronted by Hilton's boyfriend, who was inside the house, police said.

Hilton posted a message on Twitter alleging that a man with two large knives was trying to break in. She posted a photo showing the alleged suspect in handcuffs with his back to the camera.

"So Scary, just got woken up to a guy trying to break into my house holding 2 big knifes," Hilton tweeted.

ALSO:

Michael Jackson could not have swallowed anesthetic, doctor says

Rave out, Snoop Dogg, Rage Against the Machine in at L.A. Coliseum

-- Andrew Blankstein

Photo: Police canvass an area outside Paris Hilton's home after handcuffing a suspect, left. Credit: Paris Hilton via TwitPic

Comments 

Advertisement










Video