L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Lindsay Lohan won't face charges in Betty Ford altercation

March 29, 2011 |  6:11 pm

Riverside County prosecutors on Tuesday declined to file battery charges against Lindsay Lohan related to an alleged altercation with a technician at a Betty Ford Center housing complex in Palm Desert last year  over whether the actress should take an alcohol test.

The decision comes after local police told prosecutors they believed there was enough evidence to charge Lohan.

But prosecutors spent several weeks conducting their own investigations and concluded the case should not be brought to court.

Palm Desert officers were called to the 74000 block of Daisy Lane at 1:03 a.m. Dec. 12 for a disturbance at a Betty Ford Center housing complex. A staffer there accused Lohan of battery. Because the charge is classified as a misdemeanor and officers did not witness anything, Lohan was not taken into custody.

Later, the employee said she did not want to press charges.

-- Richard Winton

Comments 

Advertisement










Video