LAPD sees no need for criminal investigation into Charlie Sheen party
Despite days of tabloid headlines about wild partying at the home of Charlie Sheen, the Los Angeles Police Department said it had no evidence of illegal activity and had not launched any type of criminal investigation.
The "Two and a Half Men" star was back in the headlines last week when he was rushed to a hospital after a party at his home. He has since entered rehab.
After the rehab was announced Friday, Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck said the department was not investigating the events at Sheen’s home. Law-enforcement sources told the Los Angeles Times that paramedics who took Sheen to the hospital Thursday saw no signs of illegal activity at the home and, hence, did not call the LAPD.
A spokesman for Sheen said he was treated for severe pain related to a hernia. He checked out of the Los Angeles hospital Thursday night. When Sheen entered rehab Friday, his hit CBS sitcom was placed on production hiatus.
Last August, Sheen pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault of his wife, Brooke, during a fight on Christmas Day in Aspen, Colo. He received a stint in rehab plus 30 days’ probation and anger-management classes.
-- Richard Winton
Photo: Charlie Sheen. Credit: Associated Press