L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

85-year-old man injured in Porter Ranch house fire

December 11, 2010 |  2:39 pm

An 85-year-old man was burned Saturday morning when his home in Porter Ranch caught fire, the Los Angeles Fire Department said.

Firefighters were dispatched shortly after 9 a.m. to a home in the 19000 block of Nashville Street in the Porter Ranch area, south of the 118 Freeway and west of Reseda Boulevard.

Fire was visible in the attic and the rear of the home. Nearly 30 firefighters put the fire out in 22 minutes, Fire Department spokesman Devin Gales said.

The occupant sustained burns on his face and inhalation burns and had respiratory difficulties. He was taken to Northridge Hospital Medical Center and Saturday afternoon was listed in stable condition, Gales said.

Firefighters also rescued and revived one small dog and four cats, which were handed over to animal control officials, he said. No firefighters were injured.

-- Scott Gold

Comments 

Advertisement










Video