Former model pleads no contest in attack on Leonardo DeCaprio
A woman extradited to the United States from Canada pleaded no contest Friday to a charge of assault with a deadly weapon after she was accused of slashing actor Leonardo DiCaprio's face with a glass during a 2005 party in the Hollywood Hills.
Aretha Wilson, 40, a former model, is expected to receive two years in prison when she is sentenced Nov. 22 in Los Angeles County Superior Court, officials said. She is expected to receive 330 days credit for time served in Los Angeles County jail.
She entered the plea as the case was about to head to trial; DiCaprio was expected to take the witness stand against her.
The June 17, 2005, attack left the actor with 17 stitches to his face and ear.
Witness Eustace Hicks testified during a hearing earlier this year that he and DiCaprio were leaving the party with another friend when Wilson began cursing at the friend before striking DiCaprio with a wine glass.
Wilson fled to Canada after the incident, officials said.
-- Richard Winton