Homicide Report: At least 10 killings last week in L.A. County
Between Nov. 8 and Nov. 14, at least 10 people were killed in the county, bringing the total so far this year to about 545, according to data collected for The Times' Homicide Report.
The Times' Homicide Report will have more on each case in the coming days. Here are details from the list released Monday by the coroner:
- A newborn baby, identified by the coroner's office as John Doe #197, was found dead Nov. 8 in Studio City.
- Hector Rocha-Rizo, 19, was shot twice in the head at close range Nov. 8 in Del Ray.
- Robert Thomas, 21, was shot several times by a sheriff's deputy in Willowbrook on Nov. 8.
- Cesar Pino Vazquez, 65, was stabbed in the head, torso, left arm and both legs Nov. 9 downtown.
- Terrance Scott, 36, was shot in the head in Vermont Knolls on Nov. 10.
- Rosa Bran Enriquez, 44, was shot several times during a carjacking Nov. 12 in South Gate.
- Tesha Contreras, 32, was found shot to death Nov. 13 in Torrance, according to authorities. A family member who contacted The Times said she used the last name Gutierrez.
- Sergio Guzman, 18, was shot several times in the face and right leg Nov. 13 in East Los Angeles.
- A 21-year-old woman was shot several times Nov. 14 in South Park. Coroner's officials have yet to identify her.
- Betty Sugiyama, 84, died after being pushed off a Metro platform in downtown Los Angeles on Nov. 14.
-- Sarah Ardalani
Map shows nine of 10 of homicides in L.A. last week. Click here for additional details about the most recent homicides reported by the coroner. Source: Homicide Report