Fire damages Windsor Square home believed to be owned by Michael Jackson's former dermatologist
An early-morning fire Monday damaged a Windsor Square home believed to be owned by Michael Jackson's former dermatologist, Dr. Arnold Klein.
Los Angeles city firefighters responded about 6:44 a.m. to the home in the 500 block of Windsor Boulevard, where a fire began in the kitchen area and spread through the walls into the upper floors of the three-story, 11,000-square-foot Victorian house.
Klein was a longtime friend and physician to Jackson, the "King of Pop" who died last year after being given what the Los Angeles County coroner described as a lethal combination of sedatives by another doctor, Conrad Murray. Murray is facing criminal charges related to Jackson's death.
Neither the cause of the fire nor the amount of damage was immediately available, but it took nearly 50 firefighters about 40 minutes to extinguish the blaze.
Fire Department Capt. Steve Ruda said those in the home were alerted to the fire by a smoke detector. He said the incident shows that with the upcoming change to daylight saving time, people should be reminded to replace the batteries in their smoke detectors.
-- Andrew Blankstein
Photo: KTLA News