L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Monrovia man arrested in abduction of Anaheim boys

October 10, 2010 |  5:01 pm

A man was arrested early Sunday on suspicion of conspiring in the abduction last week of two Anaheim brothers, police said.

Anaheim Police Sgt. Rick Martinez identified the suspect as David Nicholas, 26, of Monrovia.  He was arrested at his home and bail was set at $1 million, Martinez said in a statement.

Police are declining to provide details on Nicholas' alleged role in the disappearance of 2-year-old Justin Quinones and 4-year-old Jacob Quinones.

The boys were seized Thursday night from the driveway of their Anaheim apartment complex and put into a van while their mother was carrying trash to a nearby bin, police say.

Investigators suspect they were taken by their father, Abraham Fernandez, 23, and grandfather, Louis Mendoza Fernandez, 52.  The men are from Houston but are believed to have remained in Southern California after the abduction, police say.

Police have warned the men's family, friends and associates against harboring or assisting them.

--Alexandra Zavis

Comments 

Advertisement










Video