L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Board denies parole for Hillside Strangler

August 18, 2010 |  9:33 pm
Kenneth Bianchi, the Hillside Strangler who roamed the streets of northeast Los Angeles and Glendale with his cousin torturing and killing nine women in the late 1970s, has been denied parole.

The decision was made by a panel in Sacramento, authorities said.

The highly publicized strangulations by Bianchi and Angelo Buono Jr. terrorized Los Angeles as the bodies turned up in public areas. All the victims had been sexually assaulted, authorities said at the time.

A break in the case finally came when Bianchi implicated Bouno in the slayings. Bianchi had been arrrested in Washington state in connection with a rape and strangulation case there.

Bianchi ultimately pleaded guilty to five of the murders in California and is serving a life sentence as part of a plea bargain for testifying against his cousin. Bouno died in prison in 2002.

-- Robert J. Lopez
Comments 

Advertisement










Video