Prosecutors decline to charge former NFL star in domestic violence case
Prosecutors declined to file criminal charges against former NFL running back Corey Dillon, saying there was insufficient evidence to show that his wife, who had accused him of assaulting her earlier this month at their Calabasas home, was injured, officials said Thursday.
Dillion and his wife, Desiree Antoine-Dillon, were arguing over their pending divorce and child custody when she called 911, saying she had been assaulted by her husband, according to a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
Antoine-Dillon alleged that during the dispute, Dillon "poured milk over her head, threw water on her and poured soy sauce on her," according to the filing rejection in the case released Thursday. She also told authorities she suffered "a superficial cut on her thumb."
The former Cincinnati Bengals player, who won a Super Bowl championship while with the New England Patriots, was arrested last month on drunk-driving charges in Malibu.
-- Andrew Blankstein