L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Authorities search for armed men in Norwalk home invasion reported by 7-year-old boy over cellphone

March 10, 2010 |  8:06 am

Authorities searched Wednesday for three armed attackers who a 7-year-old boy said broke into his family's Norwalk home and threatened his parents as he hid in a bathroom with his 6-year-old sister and called 911.

"There's some guy who's going to kill my mom and dad," the boy told dispatchers during the Tuesday morning break-in. "Can you come, please? Bring cops ... a lot of them! ... And soldiers too."

The boy told dispatchers he thought his parents had been shot.

The incident began about 8:30 a.m. when three suspects armed with handguns stormed through an unlocked door and said they were going to take what they wanted, L.A. County sheriff's officials said.

The boy hid in the bathroom with his sister, locked the door and called 911, officials said, until the attackers broke into the bathroom and found them.

At that point, screaming is heard on the 911 tape. Authorities said one of the suspects grabbed the boy and asked whom he called.

"911," the boy responded, according to the department.

The suspects fled without injuring anyone or taking any property, authorities said.

"If not for the brave and educated actions of the 7-year-old boy, this might have ended tragically," said Capt. Pat Maxwell of the Sheriff's Department.

Authorities said the suspects fled in a gray two-door Acura RSX. Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at (562) 863-8711.

-- Andrew Blankstein and Robert J. Lopez

Comments 

Advertisement










Video