L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Under house arrest, Polanski manages a personal premiere of his new movie

February 8, 2010 | 11:00 am

Roman Polanski is under house arrest at his Swiss chalet, but he still has managed to hold his own personal premiere for his new movie, "The Ghost."

Polanski, who faces extradition to L.A. to face sentencing in a three-decade-old child-sex case, could not attend the gala premiere of the movie at the Berlin Film Festival. But he watched the movie on DVD with "The Ghost" co-writer, Robert Harris, at the chalet.

“He was very happy with it, which was wonderful, but of course I am hugely biased,” Harris told the Telegraph in London. “I don’t know if he is disappointed not to be able to attend the premiere. I imagine he has been to quite a few premieres in his time.”

Under the terms of his bail, Polanski is allowed to have visitors at his chalet and do work. He has been reportedly working on new film projects and holding meetings at his home.

Polanski is fighting extradition after being arrested last year in Zurich. L.A. prosecutors want him back in the U.S. to be sentenced for sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl. Swiss authorities said it could be a year before justice officials decide whether to send Polanski back to L.A.

-- Shelby Grad

Comments 

Advertisement










Video