Several shootings overnight in Los Angeles leave one dead, police say
- An 18-year-old man was in stable condition after being shot Saturday about 10:30 p.m. near Wilmington Avenue and East 97th Street. He was shot in the left shoulder and right leg and was taken to a hospital.
- About 15 minutes later, a 20-year-old man was shot and injured. The victim was in his vehicle in the 10400 block of South Broadway when four suspects in a silver sedan drove by and shot him in the forehead. He was transported to a hospital, where he remains in stable condition.
- About 11:40 p.m. Saturday, two suspects shot a man in his 20s in the 200 block of East 69th Street. The victim was struck in the upper torso and is hospitalized in critical condition.
- A 24-year-old man was fatally shot about 1:40 this morning while attending a party in the 2000 block of East 103rd Street. The victim was in critical condition when he was taken to a hospital, where he later died. Detectives believe the shooting was gang-related.
- About the same time, another man was shot behind the ear while leaving a party near Hoover Street and West 123rd Street. The victim, whose age was unknown, drove himself to a hospital, where he is in stable condition.
Baek called the number of shootings in the area unusual. “Normally we have one or two on Saturday night,” he said. “Luckily only one victim died.”
-- Corina Knoll