L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

San Diego man accused of making Internet threats against schools

August 12, 2009 | 11:42 am

A 39-year-old San Diego man has been charged with making threats on the Internet against local schools, the FBI said today.

Paul Douglas Rodgers allegedly posted a warning on the Craigslist website saying, “Coronado elementary schools to be destroyed." The posting said the attacks would occur in October and the schools were chosen because children of military personnel attend them, according to the FBI.

Rodgers underwent eight days of psychiatric evaluation by San Diego County mental health workers in June after making other threats on the Internet, the FBI said. Rodgers allegedly told officers he had been subjected to mind-control experiments.

He was already in custody at a San Diego County jail when he was arrested on the internet charges and is now being held at the downtown San Diego federal jail, authorities said.

-- Tony Perry in San Diego

Comments 

Advertisement










Video