Putrid fridge fumes send office workers to the emergency room
Here are some of the stories that KTLA News is planning for its 10 p.m. newscast on Channel 5:
FILTHY FRIDGE: A fridge full of rotten food being cleaned by an office worker created a smell so noxious that it sent seven co-workers to the hospital and made many others ill. Firefighters had to evacuate the AT&T building in downtown San Jose on Tuesday, after the fumes prompted someone to call 911 and a hazmat team arrived. What they found was an unplugged refrigerator crammed with moldy food. Reporter Jennifer Gould checks out some local businesses to see how dirty their office fridges are.
BEVERLY HILLS JEWELRY HEISTS: There has been a rash of robberies in Beverly Hills in which the culprits distract the clerks while their cohorts steal high-end jewelry. Some of the robberies have been caught on surveillance tape.
RESTAURANT SHOOTING: An off-duty police officer was fired upon while eating lunch in his car at a Carl's Jr. in Whittier. The officer wasn’t hurt but the vehicle was hit.
PACK-RAT FIRE: A man suffered minor injuries today and three cats were killed when a fire broke out at a North Hills home plagued by severe pack-rat conditions, authorities said. The blaze at the one-story residence in the 9500 block of Gerald Avenue was reported about 1:35 a.m. and extinguished by firefighters in roughly 30 minutes. Flames were raging through the home's garage and two bedrooms when firefighters arrived. Severe pack-rat conditions in the house extended to the garage and the exterior. While fighting the blaze, crews discovered at least three dead cats inside the home.