The Deal: Let the year-end clearance sales begin
Garnet Hill's current winter sale and clearance event caught my eye with its promise of "100 items under $50." They weren't lying: the Terra stool made of Acadia wood, above left, squeaks in at just $49, marked down from $195.
The annual year-end sale also features 20% off bedding, 30% off towels and great deals on decorative pillows. The mod vineyard comforter cover, pictured left, normally $188-$268, is discounted by 60% to $68-$99. Matching shams, normally $48, are now $14 apiece.
Sale runs through Jan. 12. For more items, click here.
Other post-Christmas sales include:
- Sundance -- 50% off clearance sale
- Pottery Barn (which is closing its Topanga store on Jan. 3) -- up to 50% off
- Room and Board -- up to 50% off
- Kreiss -- up to 70% off
- Cantoni -- floor sample sale through Jan. 2
- Mitchell Gold+Bob Williams -- 35%-70% off through Jan. 31, and also 20% off special order upholstery
- DWR -- up to 50% off clearance items, floor samples and temporary markdowns
- Urban Home -- sale through Jan. 3
- Ethan Allen -- up to 60% off through Friday. (Special deals available at the Valencia store, which is closing.)
- West Elm -- up to 70% off
- Sur la Table -- up to 75% off
- CB2 -- up to 50% off
-- Lisa Boone
Photo credits: Garnet Hill