Jonathan Rhys Meyers out of hospital after reported relapse
Jonathan Rhys Meyers has been released from the London hospital where he was taken after paramedics reportedly found him Tuesday night slumped on the floor of his north London home.
The paramedics, responding to a 999 call -- like 911 in the U.S. -- called police after "The Tudors" actor refused treatment for half an hour.
"It was the opinion of those present that he tried to take his life," a source told the Sun, though Meyers gave the U.K. tabloid a "no comment" on his way out of the hospital early Wednesday.
A source close to Meyers told TMZ on Thursday that the actor had not attempted to kill himself, but had fallen off the wagon.
In May, the 33-year-old "Bend It Like Beckham" star had checked into rehab -- not for the first time -- to deal with continuing issues with alcohol. After a drunken dust-up earlier that month, United Airlines had banned him from its planes.
-- Matt Donnelly
Reuters contributed to this report.
Photo: Jonathan Rhys Meyers at a photo call for "From Paris with Love" in January 2010. Credit: Jennifer S. Altman / For the Times