Ministry of Gossip

The gospel on celebrity and pop culture

« Previous Post | Ministry of Gossip Home | Next Post »

Julianne Hough not 'banned' by CMT for racy video, still isn't engaged

December 20, 2010 |  1:45 pm

Julianne Hough Julianne Hough, the "Is That So Wrong" video star, technically isn't banned from CMT, though you won't find her video there. She's still not engaged to Ryan Seacrest either.

OK, where's the fun in that?

"We world premiered the video back in July," a CMT representative told OnTheRedCarpet.com. "We took it down shortly thereafter due to ongoing contract negotiations with Julianne's label, Universal Music Group." So, no ban, but also no video.

Hough told an East Coast concert crowd on Friday night that the video had been "kinda banned" by Country Music Television. So, kinda, yeah. Kinda no, too.

And despite a National Enquirer article alleging Seacrest and Hough got engaged during a Paris vacation in November, "Dancing With the Stars" trophy winner Derek Hough, sister of Julianne, shot that down almost immediately early in December.

The not-yet-a-bride-to-be, 22, had dismissed the engagement idea at least once before, telling "Access Hollywood" in October, "Well, that's news to me, and I think it's news to him." Sometimes dinner with the parents is just dinner with the parents, yes?

The singer did indeed bring Seacrest, 36, as her date to the "Burlesque" premiere, and is in fact pretty sexy in the official video for "Is That So Wrong." Make your own fun from there?

RELATED:

Christina Aguilera, Cher premiere 'Burlesque'; Ronni Chasen tragedy looms

Ryan Seacrest, Alicia Keys, Lady Gaga still dead -- do you know why? [poll]

Julianne Hough 'Is That So Wrong' official video is 'kinda banned' by CMT [poll]

-- Christie D'Zurilla

Photo: Julianne Hough at the 2010 American Music Awards in Los Angeles on Nov. 21 Credit: Mark Ralston / AFP / Getty Images

Comments 

Advertisement










Video