Zsa Zsa Gabor will stay hospitalized to fight infection [Updated]
Zsa Zsa Gabor has contracted an infection and won't be coming home from the hospital Monday as had been hoped, her publicist said Monday.
[Updated, 10:35 p.m.: Constance Francesca Hilton, Zsa Zsa's daughter, issued a statement late Monday: "My mother is very strong. I am amazed. This is one more setback that is real this time. Although this is not a serious infection, the doctors have her on the appropriate antibiotics. The outpouring of concern and good wishes for my mother is shown with messages coming in from around the world. My mother is aware and knows so many are thinking of her."]
The actress has been at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center since she broke her hip July 18. Hip replacement surgery done the next day was successful, according to Gabor's husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt, but since then the actress' condition has been a matter of some debate. He told ET Online on July 29 that Gabor was having a feeding tube put in.
An Associated Press call to Von Anhalt on Monday was not immediately returned.
-- Christie D'Zurilla
Photo: Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor in Germany in 1994. Credit: Istvan Bajzat / EPA
A new Times database puts readers on the sidewalks of Hollywood, using more than a century of archives to track the lives of the stars, including glamor gals like Zsa Zsa Gabor, recent Oscar winners Jeff Bridges and Sandra Bullock, and recent honorees Dennis Hopper, Russell Crowe and Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
Related dispatches from the Ministry of Gossip: