Ministry of Gossip

The gospel on celebrity and pop culture

« Previous Post | Ministry of Gossip Home | Next Post »

Lawrence Taylor's possible defense? He touched himself, not her

May 12, 2010 |  2:56 pm

Lawrence-taylor-web It looks as if LT is planning a defense strategy some might file under TMI, the New York Daily News reports.

According to a source close to the former NFL star, Lawrence Taylor plans to assert in court that he chose to pleasure himself in a New York hotel room rather than have intercourse with an underage girl allegedly brought to him by a pimp.

Taylor, who was arrested early Thursday, has not yet entered a plea on charges of third-degree rape and patronizing a prostitute. Conviction on the third-degree rape charge depends on proving Taylor had intercourse with the girl, who at 16 is under New York's age of consent. The girl said she was instructed, if asked, to tell Taylor she was 19.

The teen told the Daily News on Monday that Taylor paid her $300 for sex, but did not beat her. The beating, she alleges, came from her pimp.

"I believe and he believes that he was set up," wife Lynette Taylor told the Insider last week.

"This story is so far from his character," she said. Plus, "I know my husband's taste" regarding appearance and activities, she said, and the teen "had nothing to offer him."

Lawrence Taylor is due back in court June 10. 

-- Christie D'Zurilla

Photo: Pro Football Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor leaves the Ramapo Police Department, where he was arraigned May 6, 2010, on charges of third-degree rape and patronizing a prostitute at a nearby hotel in Suffern, N.Y. Credit: Kathy Willens / Associated Press. 

Click and scroll down to see what pro athletes are up to these days. Want all the headlines? Follow the Ministry of Gossip on Twitter (we're @LATcelebs), or visit our Facebook page -- 'like' us and we'll show up in your news feed.

Comments 

Advertisement










Video