Celebrity

« Previous Post | Ministry of Gossip Home | Next Post »

Brittany Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, found dead

Simon and Brittany The husband of actress Brittany Murphy was found dead Sunday night in the couple’s Hollywood Hills home, according to reports.

Just five months after the death of his wife, British screenwriter Simon Monjack, 39, was pronounced dead after the Los Angeles Fire Department responded to a medical emergency call at his home Sunday night. According to our sister blog, L.A. Now, officials have ruled out foul play and are looking into Monjack's medical history.

The Los Angeles Fire Department responded to a 911 call for an “unspecified medical aid request” at 9:24 p.m. Sunday.

In January, Monjack's mother, Linda Monjack, told People.com that her son was "unwell, and the doctors are carrying out tests. On whether he has a heart problem, it is not really for me to say, you must ask him, but yes, there have been health problems in the past. ... He had a slight heart attack a week from Brittany's death coming back from Puerto Rico." 

Murphy, 32, went into cardiac arrest at her home in the Hollywood Hills in December.  The actress, who appeared in such films as "Clueless" and "8 Mile," died due to pneumonia, an iron deficiency and multiple-drug intoxication. Coroner's officials said Murphy had gone into sudden cardiac arrest because of "drug intake," and her Dec. 20 death was classified as an accident.

The couple, who married in 2007, had no children. 

-- Yvonne Villarreal

Related:

Brittany Murphy and Simon Monjack: Crazy in love

PREACH IT! Coroner's reports are in for Brittany Murphy and Casey Johnson

Brittany Murphy's death certificate released; cause of death deferred

Brittany Murphy and the USO: an exclusive appreciation [PICTURES]

Photo: Simon Monjack and Brittany Murphy in the fall of 2008. Credit: Bryan Bedder / Getty Images for IMG

Get our latest news by visiting our Twitter and Facebook pages.

 
Comments () | Archives (1)

I read on a different report that Britney Murphy and hubby both died from the home's toxic poisoning because of all the water leaks from rain causing a build up of mold spores, etc. PEOPLE DON'T LET THE CORONER'S report fool you. I live New Orleans and black mold is running rampant down here and doctors are clueless about it. I myself suffered from mold poisoning living at 1909 Dauphine St. And almost died in less then a year. if I hadn't pulled myself out I'd be dead. This couple was said to have been living in this house for about 3 years. The parents need to sue the builders and whomever owned that house previously. Believe me these people new the house was defective. My heart goes out to ya'll.


Advertisement
Connect

Recommended on Facebook




In Case You Missed It...

Advertisement

Hot Property

Video



Recent Posts

Categories


Archives
 



Get Alerts on Your Mobile Phone

Sign me up for the following lists:


In Case You Missed It...