Company Town

The business behind the show

« Previous Post | Company Town Home | Next Post »

Cannes '08: Michael Moore plots sequel to 'Fahrenheit 9/11'

May 13, 2008 | 11:27 am

Michael Moore is prepping a sequel to 'Farenheit 9/11' and will travel to Cannes to discuss the new film which is said to pick up where '9/11' left off.

Michael Moore is plotting a follow-up to his 2004 documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11."

Although the film is being kept under wraps, it is said that Moore plans to pick up where he left off four years ago, to examine the fallout from  eight years of the  Bush administration's policies.

Moore is beginning production on the documentary "immediately," according to studio reps, although he is expected to attend the Cannes Film Festival to support the project and promote it to buyers at the market on Friday.

The French festival is a welcoming venue for Moore, who was the first documentary filmmaker to win the Cannes Film Festival's Palme D'Or in five decades with "Fahrenheit 9/11" in 2004.

Moore also lovingly documented the French healthcare system in last year's "Sicko" which was warmly received on the Croisette last spring.

The film's financiers, Overture Films and Paramount Vantage, plan to co-produce and co-finance the sequel, with Overture releasing it in the U.S. and Vantage overseeing international rights and release.

Moore's follow-up to "Fahrenheit 9/11," referred to informally in some circles as "Fahrenheit 9/11 1/2," is expected to be released in mid-2009.

-- Sheigh Crabtree

Photo: Michael Moore on the red carpet at Cannes in 2004. Vincent Kessler / Reuters

Comments 

Advertisement










Video