Dodgers Now

The Times' Dodgers reporters give you all the news on the boys in blue

« Previous Post | Dodgers Now Home | Next Post »

No charges to be filed against Vicente Padilla

May 29, 2010 |  3:45 pm

Padilla_586

Denver police decided not to arrest or charge opening day starter Vicente Padilla after concluding an all-day investigation stemming from a domestic violence call it received early Saturday morning, Det. Leslie Branch-Wise said.

Branch-Wise said in an afternoon news conference that police found no evidence that any crime occurred.

The alleged incident took place at the Ritz-Carlton in Denver. The adult female who made the allegation had previously known Padilla and was from out of state, according to Branch-Wise.

Padilla’s attorney, David Lane, said that the female claimed Padilla slapped her but later changed her story.

Padilla, who has been on the disabled list since April 23 with a sore right forearm, pitched three innings in a simulated game on Saturday at Coors Field.

-- Bill Shaikin and Dylan Hernandez

Photo: Dodgers starting pitcher Vicente Padilla works against the Florida Marlins on April 10, his second and last start before going on the disabled list. Credit: Steve Mitchell / US Presswire

Comments 

Advertisement










Video