The results are in! 2012 L.A. Times' Battle of the Burgers 5 favorites
The results are in! After testing, tasting and much deliberation, we officially have our five favorite burgers from the L.A Times 2012 Battle of the Burgers:
- The Buffalo Cambozola Burger from Debbie Pappalau of Westlake Village
- The Italian Turkey Burger from George Levinthal of Goleta, Calif.
- The BLT Burger from Christopher Lucchese of Echo Park
- The H-BOMB Burger from Richard Amiel of Cathedral City, Calif.
- The Howie Burger from Paul Lindsay of Pasadena
This year, we received more than 70 entries from readers and grill-masters nationwide. We asked you to vote for your top 20, and then we got down to testing. Over two days, we prepped, cooked and grilled our hearts out testing a whole host of burgers (our Test Kitchen went through almost 20 pounds of meat alone -- much of it hand-ground -- including rib-eye, brisket, short ribs, lamb, buffalo, turkey and pork).
We're planning on publishing the recipes in the Saturday section on June 30, but will feature one top recipe a day in our Daily Dish blog starting Monday, June 25. This way, you'll have plenty of time to nosh on ideas for your Fourth of July festivities!
We want to thank all of you who entered this year's Battle of the Burgers, and especially want to congratulate our Top 5 burgermeisters!
Photos: Noelle Carter / Los Angeles Times