Mother's Day recipes for breakfast in bed
This Sunday is Mother's Day -- you didn't forget, did you? If you're still looking for something special for Mom, we suggest the tried-and-true breakfast in bed. How about this recipe for mascarpone-stuffed French toast, with an orange compote? We've got plenty more Mother's Day recipe ideas to choose from, just click here.
Here are a few more tips to make this a perfect Mother's Day:
1. Let Mom sleep in. Make sure the alarm is off, the shades are drawn, and keep the kids occupied so she can rest without interruption.
2. Have everything prepped and ready to go so you can serve her breakfast in bed as soon as she wakes up. (We like the above recipe because you can make the compote ahead of time, and get everything else ready to go.)
3. Clean up the kitchen when you're done. Make sure it's spic-and-span. (Nothing is worse than making Mom clean up after her own Mother's Day breakfast.)
4. Give her a card or, better yet, a handwritten letter telling her how much you appreciate all that she does.
5. If Mommy is so inclined, serve up bottomless mimosas. For extra credit, you could make homemade Bloody Marys.
6. Then, leave her alone. Seriously. Just close the door behind you on the way out, and leave her alone. But leave the mimosas or Bloody Mary's behind.
-- Rene Lynch
Twitter / renelynch
Photo credit: Francine Orr / Los Angeles Times