Sampler Platter: Pez, caviar, tortas and Tijuana cuisine
July 7, 2009 | 12:47 pm
- Pez Candy Inc. sues Pez museum for copyright infringement. Laughing Squid
- Teenage Glutster revels in Tijuana cuisine: smoked marlin tacos, abalone chorizo sopes, apple-guava tart and more.
- The mascot for an Ohio BBQ restaurant can continue to wear her halter top. Dayton Daily News
- Petrossian is revived: more than just caviar. Gourmet Pigs
- Whole Foods will submit its private label products to testing for genetically engineered organisms. New Mexico Business Weekly
- Hudson House: $10-and-under gastropub in Redondo Beach. Caroline On Crack
- Scientists worry about mad cow disease from farmed fish that are fed cow byproducts. Reuters
- LA.foodblogging visits Cook's Tortas in Monterey Park.
- Obama administration vows to toughen food safety standards. Wall Street Journal
Photo: Deviled eggs topped with caviar. Credit: Robert Lachman / Los Angeles Times