Sampler Platter: Hot dogs, cupcakes, tacos & Padma
- The newly revamped Wienermobile crashes into a Wisconsin house.
- Long Island man claims he's reverse-engineered KFC's secret fried chicken recipe. New York Post
- California's new law that requires chain restaurants with more than 20 outlets to post the calorie count of menu items is already causing some menu changes. Sacramento Bee
- An interview with Doug Quint, proprietor of the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck. Gothamist
- Lobster: cheaper than hot dogs? Money
- I Was a Baby Bulimic: A terrific story from NYT's former restaurant critic Frank Bruni about his somewhat tormented relationship with food.
- Padma Lakshmi signed a development deal for a half-hour sitcom in which she'll star as a woman working in the culinary world. Variety
- Earlier today, @BorderGrill's 1,000th follower won 20 free tacos from the new taco truck.
- "World's Largest Cupcake" award goes to a 151-pound cupcake. World Record Academy
Photo: Tom McCauley / Journal Times/AP.