Sampler Platter: Grossest ice cream, food idioms, fancy fast food
July 17, 2009 | 5:17 pm
- Exactly as its name promises, Fancy Fast Food styles common fast food to look like gourmet meals.
- Ox tongue, chicken-fried steak, oyster and ... pit viper ice cream?! The top 10 grossest ice creams. Experience Project
- Unfolding the gyro's juicy history. New York Times
- Vietnam has a hot new food safety scare: bacteria from goat penises. Thanh Nien News
- Interview with custom cake creator Kristen Peres of Cake or Death. Shameless
- Want to tell someone in Russian that you're not pulling their leg? Say: "I’m not hanging noodles on your ears." In Colombia, you "give them papaya," while in various Spanish-speaking countries you "give it to them with cheese." More food-themed idioms in Jag Bhalla's recently released book, "I'm Not Hanging Noodles on Your Ears and Other Intriguing Idioms From Around the World." Now go boil some tea with your navel.
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: Pam Judd eats a gyro at the 18th annual Greek Festival in Thousand Oaks. Credit: Stephen Osman/Los Angeles Times