Sampler Platter: Haute dogs, bananas and food truck convergence
- Christian Albin, longtime chef at the Four Seasons restaurant, died Saturday. Forbes
- Massive food truck convergence plus several panel discussions about food happening at the Square Meal Symposium as part of Dwell on Design coming to the L.A. Convention Center, June 26-28.
- Cheeseburgers to drool over from the Cheeseburger Show.
- Haute dogs are the foodie trend of the moment. Trend Central
- MeMe Roth sees herself as a crusader, but everywhere she goes she seems to alienate people with her bullying. (New York Times) But maybe she's a closet anorexic projecting her body issues onto everyone else. (The Guardian)
- Direct-to-consumer farm marketing grows. The Packer
- Dole Food Co. vows to sue filmmaker Fredrik Gertten and the Los Angeles Film Festival if his documentary "Bananas!" screens at the fest. But there's more to the story. Los Angeles Times
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: William Muñoz Mercado carries plantains through a plantation where Dole Food Co. once grew bananas. Credit: Annie Wells / Los Angeles Times