Sampler Platter: Luxury cupcakes, school lunches and sake facts
June 8, 2009 | 6:20 pm
Teen chefs, Louis Vuitton cupcakes, school lunches from around the world and the results of Zagat's annual fast-food survey lead Monday's lineup of food news.
- Luxury cupcakes inspired by Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Christian Louboutin and Betsey Johnson. Luxuo
- School lunches from around the world. What's for School Lunch
- Results of Zagat 2009 fast-food survey: Starbucks has No. 1 coffee (but is No. 8 in overall experience); In-N-Out has No. 1 burger; McDonald's has No. 1 fries; Panera has No. 1 salad. Subway, In-N-Out and Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf are No. 1 in service.
- Even Jose Andres messes up in the kitchen. James Beard Foundation
- Chef Greg Grossman, 14, signs deal to star in his own reality show. The Hollywood Reporter
- A look at Virginia-based burger chain Five Guys Burger and Fries, which recently expanded into Carson and Cerritos. USA Today
- Twelve things a beginner should know about sake. LA Examiner
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: Elina Shatkin / Los Angeles Times.